Terms and Conditions
Insurance valuation certificates supplied with each purchase over R1000
Jewellery will remain the responsibility and property of Francarlo Designer Goldsmith until signed for on behalf of the recipient. Francarlo Designer Goldsmith will take on all responsibility while transporting the jewellery to the recipient.
Jewellery may be exchanged within 7 days of receiving it. In order to qualify for an exchange, all goods must be in their original condition, packaging and may not have been worn, sized or adjusted.
Jewellery may be refunded within 7 days of receiving it, directly through Francarlo Designer Goldsmith. In order to qualify for a refund, all goods must be in their original condition and may not have been worn, sized or adjusted. Items will be assessed before a refund is confirmed. Jewellery will need to be returned to Francarlo Designer Goldsmith in their original packaging prior to the refund being authorised. Please note that you will also be responsible for any handling fees/costs of return where applicable. Refunds can only be made to the original purchaser.
Please note: Sale items unfortunately do not qualify for a refund.
- Body jewellery and earrings, for hygienic reasons.
- Jewellery purchased by way of special arrangement or custom order unless defective
- Jewellery sold as damaged, defective, used or repaired, as disclosed before purchase
- Jewellery that has been sized, unless defective
- If jewellery is defective within 6 months after being received, we will repair, replace or refund, provided that it is a material defect, and that the defect did not develop as a result of abuse, fair wear and tear, or by not following our or the manufacturer’s instructions
- An item that is not working (eg watch that requires a replacement part) and can be repaired, within a reasonable period, is not deemed to be a material defect as the item will be in working condition once the part has been replaced
- Any supplier warranties apply over and above the terms of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
The replacement of Faulty goods or services is promptly supplied provided that the goods have not been used or applied in a manner which has caused the alleged defect or failure.
To be valid claims; must be supported by the original Tax Invoice.
Under no circumstances shall Francarlo Designer Goldsmith CC Be held liable for any damage arising from any misuse, abuse or neglect of the goods or services supplied.
Francarlo Designer Goldsmith CC endeavors to ensure that the highest standard are adhered to in the design and manufacturing of custom-made jewellery and distribution of pre-manufactured jewellery received from suppliers.
- The quotation is only considered accepted once signed and returned
- A 50% deposit is payable upon placing the order and the balance is payable on collection/delivery of goods.
- The Quotation above is valid for 2 days from the date issued & includes VAT.
- The customer must ensure giving clear instructions when ordering a custom made piece of jewellery and inform Francarlo Designer Goldsmith CC of any material which the customer is allergic to. The customer agrees that the business cannot be held liable for any harm caused as a result of failing to inform/disclose allergies prior to ordering/purchasing the goods.
Special order goods or custom made pieces may not be cancelled and the customer will be liable for the amount quoted for.
In the event of cancellations of any other orders excluding custom made orders &/or special order goods, a cancellation fee will be charged 20% of purchase price (except in circumstances of death or hospitalization)
In the event of handing in your own material, the following terms & conditions will apply:
Francarlo Designer Goldsmith CC is prohibited by law to return raw gold (“onverwerktegoud”).
FRANCARLO DESIGNER GOLDSMITH CC DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR LOSS INCURRED (AS RESULT OF BREAKAGES) WHEN SETTING THE DIAMONDS & GEMSTONES, WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN SUPPLIED BY FRANCARLO DESIGNER GOLDSMITH CC.
“We would like to inform you that we will supply the highest standard of excellence in repairing your goods as well as providing safe storage facilities for the duration of repairs. The owner should be aware that in case of theft of the goods, in case of fire or any other unforeseen circumstances, we cannot be held responsible. The owner agrees that he/she has been informed and is aware that Francarlo Designer Goldsmith C.C. will not be liable for the Client’s goods stolen that are beyond Francarlo Designer Goldsmith CC reasonable control”.
Please note that Francarlo Designer Goldsmith CC will not release any goods for collection without the presentation of the Job slip.
“Please choose carefully. We do not normally give a refund if you simply change your mind or make the wrong decision. You can choose between an exchange or repair, where the goods are defective within the warranty period or within 10 business days where the products are wrongly described, different from the sample shown to you or do not perform. If the product is damaged &/or amended we will not accept a return of the product, unless defective. We may charge a handling fee if the return is accepted by management.”
General: “We require a deposit of 50% to confirm the order &/or goods reserved. We may impose a cancellation fee in the event of cancellation before delivery. The fee will depend on the nature of the order, the length of notice of cancellation before delivery, the reasonable potential to find alternative clients for the order and the reason for cancellation. No refund on deposits in the event of cancellation for already ordered / made Special-Order &/or goods reserved.”